Due to the concepts discussed on this blog, it's recommended that you be over the age of 18. Thanks !

Here I will share my personal thoughts, concepts & poems with the world. | Kevin L. Smith

Here I will share my personal thoughts, concepts & poems with the world. | Kevin L. Smith
Please scroll down or use the Blog Archive Menu - to select a topic.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Murder Music | Update

On my blog, I published this commentary about Murder Music in Jamaica; my original post is found here:
Murder Music in Jamaica.

I just found some recent articles about 'Murder Music in Jamaica' and about Hip-Hop's Homophobia. Check out the recent articles below.



‘If You’re Gay in Jamaica, You’re Dead’. "Amnesty International has publicly condemned recent episodes of violence against persons who are perceived to be gay in Jamaica. The organization is particularly concerned by reports of mob violence against persons perceived as homosexuals who are targeted because of their appearance or behavior, which seems to be increasing in frequency." - Fr: uk.gay.com



The silence over hip-hop's homophobia. "The exploitation of women and gays in today's hip-hop culture has become increasingly accepted by our own silence..." - Fr: gay.com.


No comments:

Powered by WebRing.